Thursday, August 9, 2007

Singing in the Rain

I love to play and listen to music so I'm going to follow the example of one of my favorite bloggers, John Amato over at Crooks and Liars, and include a regular musical post here in Climate Frog.

John calls his C&L's Late Night Music Club. I'll call these Singing in the Rain for now at least.

I've just been watching the DVD of The Who performing the last gig on their 2000 tour at Royal Albert Hall. Nobody rocked harder in the 60s when they came on the scene. They were all over 50 in this concert and I swear, nobody still rocked harder. Bassist John Entwistle died less than 2 years later. Drummer at this gig was Zack Starkey, son of Ringo Starr. He brought the thunder.

Here's a comparison of performances from 1967 and from 2000. First the young Who at Monterey Pop with a film montage of guitar annihilation:

Here's about 33 years later, a home video of The Real Me being performed on the same tour I watched on DVD. (No guitars were harmed this time, but Pete does the windmill):

No comments: